× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Resync - single drive

whyshouldI
Aspirant

Resync - single drive

Hi, I decided to redo the NAS strategy.  2 drives with Raid and two as JBOD.  one of them is showing yellow "offline with disk state "Resync"

I assumed the sync was only applicable to nore than one disk.  Will this clear itself or do I need to do anything?

Thanks

Simon

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Resync - single drive

Hi whyshouldI,

Just to confirm, you have a total of (4) drives? Two of them in a RAID and the other two in JBOD?

I have not experienced it myself but it might be syncing on the volume configured with RAID; probably a RAID 1 if its two drives. Normally on a ReadyNAS, syncing clears itself out. It should show an ETA on the ReadyNAS Web UI as well.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

@whyshouldI wrote:

2 drives with Raid and two as JBOD.  one of them is showing yellow "offline with disk state "Resync"

That's quite odd.  I'd never seen one of my JBOD volumes show "resync"

Message 2 of 4
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi whyshouldI,

Just to confirm, you have a total of (4) drives? Two of them in a RAID and the other two in JBOD?

I have not experienced it myself but it might be syncing on the volume configured with RAID; probably a RAID 1 if its two drives. Normally on a ReadyNAS, syncing clears itself out. It should show an ETA on the ReadyNAS Web UI as well.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
whyshouldI
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses - yes it did clear itself

Cheers

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies