× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SOS: Cannot access admin page

sashki2
Aspirant

SOS: Cannot access admin page

cannot access admin page. It seems like I'm authanticated correctly because I'm not prompeted for a password if I refresh the browser window after a login. Also, the blue power button is blinking. It seems to mean the system is booting but it's been like that several days. Unplugging and pluging back in did not help. I can access the data volumes just fine. 

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks!

Model: RN202|ReadyNAS202 2-Bay
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: SOS: Cannot access admin page

@sashki2 wrote:

cannot access admin page. It seems like I'm authanticated correctly because I'm not prompeted for a password if I refresh the browser window after a login. Also, the blue power button is blinking. It seems to mean the system is booting but it's been like that several days. Unplugging and pluging back in did not help. I can access the data volumes just fine. 

The first thing to do is make sure you have a backup of the data on the NAS.  Then proceed with more troubleshooting. 

1. What firmware are you running?
  2. Have you tried RAIDar? https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads
  3. what apps (if any) do you have installed on the NAS?
  4. What exactly happens after the password entry in the browser?  Are you seeing anything in the browser pane?

If RAIDar can find the NAS on your network, it will give you some better status information.  There's also a mechanism to download your log zip file, and run a basic diagnostic on the NAS.  Those could give more clues.

Message 2 of 3
sashki2
Aspirant

Re: SOS: Cannot access admin page

Thanks so much for your quick reply! 

Unfortunetly, I don't know most of the answers to your questions and I'll have to adddress this issue a little later. Lost my job Friday so priorities are not with my NAS especially since shares are accessble. I hope you still be accessble to help once i get through all my mess and be able to do diagnostics. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements