× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sessions Stuck Open?

CrippleZero
Aspirant

Sessions Stuck Open?

I am using a ReadyNAS 3138 device.  I have 2x 10TB Ironwolf drives (mirrored) and an attached 6TB WD My Book drive.  The external is in place until I can afford to slide in another 10TB drive to horizontally expand my storage.

My problem is, I am no longer able to access the external "USB_HDD_1" share over the network from my PC.  I have the right credentials and other PCs on the network can access it with the correct credentials.  I believe a session is stuck open and I can't get rid of it.  I will get a message that states: 

"[nas device] is not accessible.  You may not have permission to use....

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.  Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

I have rebooted both my PC and the NAS and I get the same message.  I looked in the connection logs and I see 2 entries for 'admin' but under the "date" column, there are only dashes ( - ).  The session entries also display my PC's IP.  I believe these are the stuck sessions but there is no indication of how to kill them off.

How do I reset the connections so I can access the USB_HDD_1 share again?

Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Sessions Stuck Open?

Try entering this from CMD on the PC:

net use * /delete /y

Then attempt to access the USB share using the NAS IP address - entering 

\\nas-ip-address\sharename

into the windows explorer address bar.  Use the real IP address and share name of course, and be careful to enter the correct slash. If you use the wrong one, it will open your browser.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements