× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Shared Directories Not Accessible

castlechem
Follower

Shared Directories Not Accessible

I have literally taken over a new admin role this morning and have been thrown a ReadyNas RNDP2000 drive with issues.

The drive contains a mis of backup files and work files accessible via directories to various staff. Their habit has been to remove one of the two drives each afternoon and take off premises for storage then return the drive the following morning.

At some time since removing the drive on Friday afternoon all the directories on the NAS became unavailable (this was first noticed on Sat afternoon). Replacing the second drive this morning did not fix the issue.

The NAS currently has both drives inserted and the unit shows a solid green light on each drive. The RAIDar software also shows the NAS Unit and both drives as having solid green ststus.

When I attempt to access the unit via the web software the message comes up "No shares currently accessible."

If I attempt to access the unit via the network I can see the unit in the network directory and can open it to see what the records show as the first level of directories:

administrator Private user folder
backup Backup share
home Private User folders
it_storage Company Private Network Storage
shared_network Company Shared Network Storage

I do know the last two and the backup folders were created by the staff here the first and second may be default folders.

I can open the 'administrator' folder but it contains no files.
'backup' is not accessible and I (as the domain admin) do not have permission to use network resource. That same message is given if I attempt to open 'it_storage' or 'shared_network 'also.
'home' I can open and over time the number of diectories within that folder has increased from 2 to 6 over a space of about 90 mins.

My problem is that the files which are required most are those in the shared_network folder.

First issue is I guess, did someone remove a drive while resyncing was in progress and is that what has caused the issue?

Secondly how can I access the folders again and much of the data is irreplaceable (which is why is was on the NAS raided in the first place).

Thanks.

**** Further details*****
I finally was able to access via web broswer, on the Health Page I have both drives with a green light saying STATUS OK

Also if I try an open the Share Listing or Volume Settings etc I am told "No volume exists"
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements