× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Recovery of X-RAID2 (1MB/S)

amadio
Aspirant

Slow Recovery of X-RAID2 (1MB/S)

I have a Duo v2 running 5.3.7, it has been working fine with a single WD 3TB RED setup in X-RAID2.

Today I installed a second WD 3TB RED in the second drive bay for redundancy. The readynas detected a new disk and has started to 'Recover' the array, the only problem is that its going to take a month (currently showing 32 days) to copy the data to the second disk.

What speed should I expect to see?

What can I do to see whats wrong or speed it up? Im hesitant to power it off to see if that fixes it as it might corrupt the data on the first disk - I do have a backup on a USB drive if necessary.

Thanks
Chris
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Slow Recovery of X-RAID2 (1MB/S)

Don't believe the time estimates. Wait 12-16 hours.
Message 2 of 5
ihartley
Tutor

I had this problem. Turn off services like backup, dlna etc. It will increase to 70-90MB immediately.
Message 3 of 5
dandeadman
Aspirant

ihartley wrote:
I had this problem. Turn off services like backup, dlna etc. It will increase to 70-90MB immediately.

Thanks ihartley, this solved my problem! (Well it increased to 35/40MB/s.)
Message 4 of 5
Raaahbin
Aspirant

Brilliant! This tip should be in an FAQ somewhere. I had 1MB/s, but after turning services off and rebooting, I have 48MB/s. That will save about two weeks.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements