× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Strange Frontview Login Issue #23641199

brentrl
Aspirant

Strange Frontview Login Issue #23641199

Hi,

My name is Brent. Need help with a strange frontview log in issue. Case #23641199. Unit had a 2 drive failure (volume life support) AND simultaneously 'no network link' error. Managed to clone the disks without any errors. This solved the failing volume issue but the network error persisted, It was visible in Raidar but not for HTTP or network browsing. I tried doing an OS re-install and this did not help. L3 did an OS re-install this AM and the machine is back on the network with raidar, network browsing and is responding to HTTP request however I keep getting password failures. I have tried all the default passwords (Raidar 4.2.26) , my passwords etc but nothing seem to work. I did ANOTHER OS reinstall and this has not helped either. I can browse to the public folders on the unit but cannot login to any of the private shares, or the admin panel. At this point If I could access all the data i would simply copy it across the network do a factory default and move on from there, but as all the data is not available to public users I cannot go that route. I feel I am almost out of the woods with this thing but I really need to reconfigure it to be fully operational. Please Help
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Strange Frontview Login Issue #23641199

Hi Brent

In that case you should put your NAS back into tech support mode and ask support to have another look at your system.
Message 2 of 5
brentrl
Aspirant

I sent a reply to via the web link that was sent some 8 hours ago and have had no response. That is why I have come to the forums... The last message said install teamviewer if I needed any further assistance (IF I COULD ACCESS FRONTVIEW TO INSTALL ANYTHING I WOULDN'T NEED ASSISTANCE) I am sorry but I feel quite certain that there is a severe communication disconnect between the techs and the customers. I imagine my case is still open I will copy the above info and resend and await a response.

Thanks
Message 3 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Well I can have a look using Teamviewer if you like.

When the NAS is booted normally if you hover your mouse over the volume LED in RAIDar, what do you see?
Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Some config files need replacing/correcting.

You have 3x ST2000DL003 drives with CC32 firmware which are known to have issues: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=63698

Drives with CC32 firmware cannot be updated to CC3D firmware so they should be replaced.

I couldn't find the other drives you have on the compatibility list.

As discussed on Teamviewer I recommend you backup your data and do a factory reset (wipes all data, settings, everything) with compatible drives installed and restore from backup.

I wouldn't trust the drives you have installed.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements