× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Streaming config - streaming folders to selected users

mariutto
Aspirant

Streaming config - streaming folders to selected users

Moved to the ReadyDLNA Forum.

Hopefully some of the experts on this forum can help me out? I want to stream all my media via DLNA on my NV+ V2, but i want to make sure that not all content is available to my children. Certain 15 and 18 films and also explicit music is not suitable.
Does anyone know how to selectively allow files to be accessed.
I tried creating a new share and permisioning it for a group (I called Parent) and adding a user in, then turned on DLNA, the effect for file/folder access is exactly what I expected, but everyone still can access everything via streaming.

Any guidance would be greatly welcomed....ta
Message 1 of 3
myb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Streaming config - streaming folders to selected users

I have the same problem. There isn't much information out there on this subject, but from what I can gather, DLNA complely ignores host permissions and restrictions. I hope Netgear fixes this in their next release of ReadyNAS software.
Message 2 of 3
ancyru
Aspirant

Re: Streaming config - streaming folders to selected users

Having a very similar issue.

I'm trying to enable streaming access to the NV+ v2 from the PS3 and it is all fine and dandy with DLNA enabled. Consequently, access is also enabled to the TV downstairs.
I'm hoping someone has a solution to enable restricting access/permissions to certain devices.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements