× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Streaming to WDTV Live

Nailgun
Aspirant

Streaming to WDTV Live

My apologies if this has already been covered in a different thread. I searched around and didn't find anything.
I have a Readynas Duo with the latest firmware connected via ethernet to a WDTV Live I just purchased last week.
The pair work well together. I'm able to stream high-def content no problem.
But, I can't seem to get the media on the nas to show up in the WDTV's media library.
I have added the share in settings using the "media library manager for network share" option. After I add the share, it scans the folder with no reported error, but, when I enter Media Center, there are no files listed.
I'm scanning the main video folder where I keep family home movies. Inside the main folder are individual sub folders for each year.
At first, I thought that perhaps it was hitting the main video folder, which did not contain any content, just a bunch of sub folders, and stopping. I put a single video file into the main folder to see if that did the trick, and it didn't.
My NAS has the latest firmware and is set up for guest access with read/write enabled.
What am I missing here?
Message 1 of 3
Singularity
Tutor

Re: Streaming to WDTV Live

On the WDTV you will need to enable Linux shares unless it is already enabled.
From there you simply associate your ReadyNas IP address to a Linux share.
I don't use the media library manager.
Message 2 of 3
Singularity
Tutor

Re: Streaming to WDTV Live

On the WDTV you will need to enable Linux shares unless it is already enabled.
From there you simply associate your ReadyNas IP address to a Linux share.
I don't use the media library manager.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements