× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ticket V; ReadyNAS NV+ Stuck Booting (case #18903030)

dlkeith_comcast
Aspirant

Ticket V; ReadyNAS NV+ Stuck Booting (case #18903030)

I just updated my ReadyNAS NV+ to 4.1.9. It required reboot, and I did this. But it has been rebooting now for 3 days with the panel message "Rebooting. Found Bad Disk." The Blue LED on the front is flashing dit-dit-dit-dah dit-dit-dit. It has 3 Seagate 1TB drives (on the compatibility list) configured RAIDX. I know that drive 3 has some previous bad sector count messages, but was not previously called "bad."
Will this eventually reboot with no redundancy, and give me a chance to relplace the bad drive? Or is there something I could do now? Is there a way to tell which drive is bad? Apparently the NAS knows, but it's not telling. (Unless the blue flashes mean something.) I sent this in the tech support, but I though maybe someone here knows the answers. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
dlkeith_comcast
Aspirant

Re: Ticket V; ReadyNAS NV+ Stuck Booting with Vfound Bad Dri

Something mangled my post a bit. The support ticket is 18903030.
Message 2 of 4
hadeshorn9
Aspirant

Re: Ticket V; ReadyNAS NV+ Stuck Booting (case #18903030)

Please let us know how you make out, just lost mine to the same upgrade. sigh
Message 3 of 4
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Ticket V; ReadyNAS NV+ Stuck Booting (case #18903030)

dlkeith - what is the status of your backup? It sounds as if it may be disk related.

One thing you can do is to remove each drive (with the NAS powered down) and run the SeaTools on each drive. SeaTools need to be run with the drive connected to a motherboard level SATA connection, not via a USB adapter. You could also try installing a singe scratch (or spare) HD and see if it boots. With a single drive it should take less than 30 minutes to default and establish a single drive array (no other disks to sync with, so it skips that long step).
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements