× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transmission 2.77 Watchdir & Magnet Links

joeyjoe77uk
Follower

Transmission 2.77 Watchdir & Magnet Links

Hi, I'm completely new to NAS stuff and forum posting, so apologies if I've put this in the wrong place on the forum.

I have a ReadyNAS NV+ V2 with Transmission 2.77 installed. I use MacOSX 10.8 and Transmission Remote GUI to connect to transmission on the NAS. Everything was good until I tried to setup a watch folder for Sickbeard to download torrents to and for transmission to automatically add them from the watch folder.
I've edited setting.json and add the following lines:
"watch-dir": "\/c\/transmission\/torrentwatch\/",
"watch-dir-enabled": true
I've also directed Sickbeard to save torrents to this folder.

My problem is that magnet links, after being added by transmission never connect to get the meta data in order to start downloading. Transmission remote states retrieving metadata 0%. When accessing transmission via the WebUI the retrieving metadata message jumps between 0%, 33% and 66% but never gets it all - so never downloads anything.

The other problem is that when transmission adds torrents from the Watch-dir it renames them by appending .added to the end of the filename. So, when ever Transmission is Stopped then Started again, the download list is blank as it can't see any torrents to add because they all end in .added. Normally, when I Stop and Start transmission, it continues to download files where it left off.

Both problems are easily remedied by removing the watch-dir lines from the settings.json.

Any ideas or should I just hang off and wait for an ARM version of Automatic.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements