× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UK promotion - Claimed free disk but no response so far

swanny1
Aspirant

Re: UK promotion - Claimed free disk but no response so far

BazzaS wrote:

But, do you have the screws? That way one of us could be sorted, though it would mean the other would have no drive and no screws....... 😄

I hope they sort yours .... May I suggest sending them a letter giving them a set period, after which you'll go out and buy one at their expense ..... It worked for me (at least in terms of getting the drive) and would give you a backup plan for if they fail to meet their promises ....

Cheers mate.

I might have some spare screws. I am at work today so will check later when I get home and let you know.
Message 151 of 178
Mustrum
Aspirant

Mustrum wrote:
Oh dear, this does not make good reading, had my Duo for just about a week, and have sent off for the "free" disk, hope I don't have to wait that long.

This forum seems a great place, already picked up loads of great tips, thanks all.

I am pleased to say my "free" disk arrived this morning.

Now where did I put the spare screws 😄
Message 152 of 178
xhq
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too. Pleased to find that I could not find spare screws anywhere. Realy can't remember if it didn't come or I put it somewhere (as the free disk arrived 3 months later). Called support, wanted to buy some from them, but as BazzaS reported, it ended up becoming a complicated issue. Gave up in the end. I will post the case number and see if the good guys here can help.
Message 153 of 178
darkangelv2
Aspirant

Mustrum wrote:
Mustrum wrote:
Oh dear, this does not make good reading, had my Duo for just about a week, and have sent off for the "free" disk, hope I don't have to wait that long.

This forum seems a great place, already picked up loads of great tips, thanks all.

I am pleased to say my "free" disk arrived this morning.

Now where did I put the spare screws 😄

Are you kidding me?? So they got your drive to you within the 28 days?

What are Netgear playing at?? I've been waiting since mid-september and all i've had is the pathetic auto-response from Netgear telling me they're getting round to it!

This is proper Bull-cr4p! What's most annoying is i can't get anyone to actually tell me they have my details!
Message 154 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What's most annoying is i can't get anyone to actually tell me they have my details!

No, no, what's annoying is that they tell you *you are* on the list and the drive will be with you absolute latest within the next two weeks. Over 3 weeks later, still no drive. I've been waiting since 9 Sep.
Message 155 of 178
swanny1
Aspirant

Orginally claimed Aug 25th:

Dec 10th - promised drive within 7-10 days
Dec 20th - rang again as still no drive. promised a call back
Dec 23rd - no call back so rang again, promised a callback.

Netgear you are an absolute disgrace. I am sick of this 'process' and fed up with the bullshit I keep getting fed.
Message 156 of 178
orlovsky
Aspirant

Possibly adding insult to injury, but hopefully also providing hope for those of us, who, like me claimed their drive early Dec - My free 2tb drive arrived today, within the 28 days quoted.
Message 157 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I just want my drive to arrive, after all, it has been 4 months...
Message 158 of 178
xhq
Aspirant
Aspirant

aks wrote:
I just want my drive to arrive, after all, it has been 4 months...

Try calling 01344 458200 opt 2 and ask for Quintin. That actually helped me.
Message 159 of 178
edmundwatson
Aspirant

Mine finally arrived after last week after claiming for it on the 2/9/10. They had lost my form, Quintin sorted it for me within about 2 week. Quintin said it may have been lost by the forwarding company for readynas. After all I got a signature for the original form arriving.
Message 160 of 178
chrisnrg
Aspirant

swanny wrote:
Well I rang Netgear again yesterday, I like to torture myself.

Todays story is that some of the August claims (of which mine is one) were not delivered due to incomplete addresses\general cockup by the delivery company who have then kept the drives (allegedly). I have been promised a replacment drive within 7-10 days.

My name is missing off the mysterious list that I was told I was on 2 weeks ago. So I assume unless I chase Netgear I will get nothing. Although I still doubt I will ever see my free 2TB drive.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

I eventually got a response from Quintin today, after communicating with one of Netgears US team (who kept badgering Quintin to contact me and seems to be becoming increasingly frustrated at what is clearly an embarrassing situation for them). The email is below (and looks a bit like a template) but in summary they lost my claim form (sent 24/8/10)! Excellent! Well, it seems things might get sorted for me soon with the proviso I need to give him my address --- its only a shame that this email was sent from ukpromotons@netgear.com, and as we know that seems to be a black hole.

Dear Christopher

My Name is Quintin Bromfield and I am now personally dealing with your case regarding the missing free hard drive.

I have completed a full investigation and I am sorry to say that I have been unable to locate your original claim form; this is possibly likely to explain why no drive has been sent to you. I apologise that your earlier requests for help on this matter were not dealt with correctly; however, I have now created a replacement claim form that will be forwarded to our fulfilment company for re-shipment but I do require your delivery address.

The drive will be sent by parcel force and will require a signature.

I will continue a further in-depth investigation for all customer requests for missing drives so we can understand where the processes we had in place failed and we can ensure that future promotions run more smoothly

If you have any further questions before your new drive arrives, please do not hesitate to call or email as below, I will be following the progress of your dispatch to ensure we do not have any further problems

Kind regards

Quintin Bromfield

01344 458200 (option2)
Message 161 of 178
stuwhittaker
Aspirant

Hi there,

I have bought myself a ReadyNAS Duo 2TB and have taken up the promotion to get another 2TB drive! who wouldn't ?!

After reading here I am concerned that it will ever arrive 😞 .... would it be possible for someone to mention how it is delivered because I am not always at the address I have submitted, is it possible to pick it up from the depot should it fail a delivery attempt?

And/or any idea it usually takes to be delivered? How many people have got their disks within 28 days? 🙂

Cheers
-Stu
Message 162 of 178
holtman
Aspirant

Mine arrived today. It's a Seagate 500GB barracuda 7200.12. I applied for it last September, but didn't chase it up until two weeks ago.
I just sent an email to ukpromations@uk.netgear.com, and got a personal reply from a gentleman named Daniel. He agreed to chase it up and sent me updates on the progress, and even gave me the exact shipping date.
Thanks Daniel.
Message 163 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, well, well, I chased it again last week by calling 01344 458200 (option2) and... there was no record of my claim!

But good news, the person I spoke to, Dan, said no problem. He took a few details and told me it would be shipped Friday. He was absolutely right and it arrived today, after nearly 5 months!
Message 164 of 178
stuwhittaker
Aspirant

Its been 3 weeks now and still no heard a word back from Netgear 😞

Really would like to have my 2nd disk as that was a huge factor in my purchase decision!

-Stu
Message 165 of 178
katmac2605
Aspirant

I bought and registered my Ready NAS Duo at the beginning of Feb 2011, but didn't get around to claiming the free disk. The webpage links I have for claiming are not working anymore -
http://www.netgear.co.uk/freedrive.php and
http://www.netgear.co.uk/common/pdfs/B575022_NETGEAR_FOC_Hard_Drive_Promo_CLAIM_v1_HR.pdf

I've emailed netgearpromotions@netgear.com to find out what's going on. No reply yet.
Anyone have any other working links or ideas as to what might be going on ?
Message 166 of 178
stuwhittaker
Aspirant

katmac2605,

I have a copy of the promotion PDF, if you PM over your email address I will bounce a copy over to you.

I will be calling them up next week.

Cheers
-Stu
Message 167 of 178
aks
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I received my feee disk last week (I thought I had posted but apparently not). It took about 5 months to arrive 😞

Anyway, I popped it in, and everything synced over night. Now I have a redundant setup.
Message 168 of 178
markmakak
Aspirant

I'd really appreciate a copy of the PDF too - I bought my readynas last week when the offer was online, and now it 's nowhere to be found 😞

sendtomb@gmail.com
Message 169 of 178
themediaman
Aspirant

I got my free disk as part of the 2010 promotion and received it within 3 weeks, from reading previous comments on the time to arrive I wasn't expecting it that quick and was pleasantly surprised. Netgear stocked up on drives just before Christmas so delivery should be fairly quick....... 😄
Message 170 of 178
stuwhittaker
Aspirant

I called up the number somewhere in this thread and according to the man on the phone the 2TB drives were out of stock, they had my details and have been passed on. Fingers crossed for this week/next week.

Cheers
-Stu
Message 171 of 178
stuwhittaker
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have received my drive now;

1st February = Special delivery sent letter
23rd February = Promotions/delivery had my request
28th February = Called them up to see what the situation was (2TB drives out of stock but was passed onto team on 23th Feb
4th March = Drive arrived

So from start to finish is 32 days to receive promotion.

Cheers
-Stu
Message 172 of 178
Pongo
Aspirant

My disk turned up in December - some three months after my application was sent.

Unfortunately, the disk is already failing - 81 reallocated sectors reported by SMART in just over a fortnight. :cry:

Does anyone have a contact email address for NetGear customer services, or know the best way to get a warranty replacement? I'm getting mail administrator "failed to deliver" messages to both "customerserviceuk@netgear.com" and "customerservice@netgear.co.uk" .
Message 173 of 178
bitpipe
Aspirant

Just purchased my Ready NAS 2TB today (April 3rd), assuming that I'm still eligible for the promotion - Ebuyer were still promoting it as 'ending Sunday'. Will call Netgear tomorrow to check.. is anyone still waiting for their free drives?
Message 174 of 178
Whrrr
Aspirant

I have been waiting six weeks and nothing yet. My e-mails to chirpa have so far brought no reply.
Message 175 of 178
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements