× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ultra 6 onlife support out of warranty

dabrain22
Aspirant

Ultra 6 onlife support out of warranty

My volume had a failed disk 1.  I replaced the disk and it started to rebuild. during the rebuild i got

ATA error count has increased in the last day. Disk 6: Previous count: 6 Current count: 12 Growing SMART errors indicate a disk that may fail soon. If the errors continue to increase, you should be prepared to replace the disk.

i reseat the disk as advised and rebooted the rebuild continued when about 80% done again the same thing happened. Now when i boot it says all disks are good but there is no volumes are data.

This it the rest of the log

Wed Nov 30 20:52:58 EST 2016System is up.
Wed Nov 30 20:52:58 EST 2016The paths for the shares listed below could not be found. Typically, this occurs when the ReadyNAS is unable to access the data volume. Extra video .BIN HD MyData Series_HD series
Wed Nov 30 20:52:43 EST 2016Volume scan failed to run properly.
Wed Nov 30 20:51:46 EST 2016Rebooting device...
Wed Nov 30 20:51:46 EST 2016Please close this browser session and use RAIDar to reconnect to the device. System rebooting...
Wed Nov 30 20:49:58 EST 2016System is up.
Wed Nov 30 20:49:58 EST 2016The paths for the shares listed below could not be found. Typically, this occurs when the ReadyNAS is unable to access the data volume. Extra video .BIN HD MyData Series_HD series
Wed Nov 30 20:49:43 EST 2016Volume scan failed to run properly.
Wed Nov 30 20:46:48 EST 2016Powering off device
Wed Nov 30 20:46:48 EST 2016Please close this browser session and use RAIDar to reconnect to the device after it is powered back on. System powering off...
Wed Nov 30 20:46:17 EST 2016ATA error count has increased in the last day. Disk 6: Previous count: 6 Current count: 12 Growing SMART errors indicate a disk that may fail soon. If the errors continue to increase, you should be prepared to replace the disk.

My device is beyond warranty but i dont need see how i can open a support case and how much does this cost.

Model: ReadyNASRNDP600E|ReadyNAS Pro Pioneeer Chassis only
Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Ultra 6 onlife support out of warranty

The initial diagnostics for a data recovery attempt are about $200 USD, I believe.

Message 2 of 6
dabrain22
Aspirant

is there any else i can do?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Which disk did you replace?  Disk 6?

Message 4 of 6
dabrain22
Aspirant

disk 1 failed i replaced it during the rebuild. disk 6 was giving me problems.

right now the only disk i replaced was 1 during the rebuild twice so far it went into life support mode. now the volume will not mount at all.

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

If you purchased new between 1 June 2014 and 31 May 2016, then you have free lifetime chat support.  I'd use that (my.netgear.com), though it won't include data recovery.

Probably the best you can do is try to get the volume forceably mounted, and then back up everything you can.  From the sound of it, you have a multiple-disk failure scenario, and RAID-5 can't deal with that.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements