× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading a ReadyNAS DUO RAM to 1GB

neo25
Aspirant

Upgrading a ReadyNAS DUO RAM to 1GB

I tried to install a "SO-DIMM 1GB DDR PC2700 333MHZ CRUCIAL" CT12864X335 yesturday, but my DUO wont boot up. It just keeps flashing the blue powerled. According to the hardware compability list, this memory should work.

Link to Crucials page about the module: http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT12864X335
Link to resellers page: http://www.inwarehouse.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=123476

They both have the same "CT-number" witch should identify the module, and I also found that number in the hardware compability list.

Any idés? (After swaping back the original module, the unit starts again ofcource.)
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrading a ReadyNAS DUO RAM to 1GB

Memory manufacturers have been known to change memory modules rendering them incompatible but keep the same module number. This is probably one such case. You should note that 3rd party memory upgrades are not supported.

Of course it could alternatively be a DOA module.

You could try a different module. Try one that has been found recently to work and is in the community compatibility list.
Message 2 of 3
PapaBear1
Guide

Re: Upgrading a ReadyNAS DUO RAM to 1GB

There is no longer an official memory compatibility list. There is a community list, but that is based on the individuals experience with various memory modules which may or may not be the same as the one you purchased. (Even with the same part number as mdgm pointed out).

Unless you are running a lot of add ons you will not notice any significant increase in performance on the Duo (or NV+) with an increase of memory as that is not the file transfer bottleneck. (It is the speed of the CPU).
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements