× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

User log in

ThisbeJonas
Aspirant

User log in

I have set up my ReadyNAS 516 and added 3 users. I cannot log into the user accounts. I am able to log in with 192.168.X.X/admin but cannot log on with 192.168.X.X/Jonas nor any of the other users I added.

Also I am not able to use IE10 or IE 11 to log onto the NAS at all. It will ask for the user name and pw then it open the splash screen for the NAS then just stops. No error no nothing. The only way I can log on is using google chrome with the /admin account. Any help would be apreciated.
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: User log in

What version of ReadyNAS OS do you have installed? If running an old version you should update the firmware to the latest version. Some browser compatibility issues have been fixed by firmware updates. Major IE updates usually cause compatibility issues.

As for accessing shares as an ordinary user over HTTP/S I think you need to go to 192.168.X.X/webshare This will only work if you have added HTTP access for the shares.

If you want to access ordinary network shares, go to \\192.168.X.X

Welcome to the forum!
Message 2 of 4
ThisbeJonas
Aspirant

Im using version 6.1.6

Neither of those logon sites will work either. Says website not found. May help in troubleshooting, but I read that after you create a user then it would create a folder for that user, however there is no folder.
Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

\\192.168.X.X is not a website. You should open it in Windows Explorer.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements