× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weird DLNA Problem

ylafont1
Aspirant

Weird DLNA Problem

I am on version 1.017, after relocation my My ReadyNas Pro, I am not able to see movie files from any of my devices. I can see my music files, but that is about it, nothing else. I have reboot, restarted the serves and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
fdullemond
Aspirant

Re: Weird DLNA Problem

Hi ylafont,

For above description it is not very easy to spot a problem other than the obvious ones :

1) Assuming 1.017 is ready dlna => you are not on the latest version... upgrade (1.24 is I think the last one)
2) What is your current ready dlna configuration ? Are movies actually included or not ?
3) Which devices are you referring to... ? Beware that some devices only show certain dlna file classes (like only music) because the are not capable of playing the other file classes (like video)

I do not assume that you did not try anything other than rebooting to solve it, but based on the sparse information people will not be inclined nor capable to come up with the 'ultimate' solution to your (vague) problem..

Fred
Message 2 of 4
ylafont1
Aspirant

This was totally weird,
I have changed nothing on the NAS, except its location, with a proper shutdown.
All content types were selected for ReadyDLNA on the NAS, I even did a rescan of media files, just to be sure and still was not able to see anything. After some poking , reboots and restarting the ReadyDLNA service, I was able to see music. This problem was consistent across every platform I tried, Samsung TV with DLNA, Boxee box, Droid Bioinc, windows media center and Player. Additionally, I was not able to browse the directory tree, some directories would not show up and others were empty.
I was avoiding upgrading because of something I had read about not being able to go back to 2tb drives or something like that (can’t remember now). Last night I upgraded to RAIDiator 4.2.19 and ReadyDLNA 1.0.24, I haven’t tried all the platforms, but I can now see the files on the Samsung tv, which is the most important.
While I was at it, I always install the Plex Service, but haven’t had any luck with that yet.
Message 3 of 4
fdullemond
Aspirant

All content types were selected for ReadyDLNA on the NAS, I even did a rescan of media files, just to be sure and still was not able to see anything. After some poking , reboots and restarting the ReadyDLNA service, I was able to see music. This problem was consistent across every platform I tried, Samsung TV with DLNA, Boxee box, Droid Bioinc, windows media center and Player. Additionally, I was not able to browse the directory tree, some directories would not show up and others were empty.

Sounds like a bug in the old ready dlna version.
Good thing you upgraded to the latest and greatest version...

While I was at it, I always install the Plex Service, but haven’t had any luck with that yet.

Have no experience with plex (addon ?) so I cannot help you..

Fred
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements