× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What broke AD integration on my ReadyNAS devices? #27433042

eihelp
Aspirant

What broke AD integration on my ReadyNAS devices? #27433042

I have six ReadyNAS devices joined to two different AD (not at the same time). Everything has been working fine for years, but I recently discovered that the devices weren't behaving correctly especially when it came to guest access. I went into the admin console of two of the devices that I was have most problems. (most recently an nvx business) to see if I could rejoin the NAS to the AD domain. I could not. I tried the normal troubleshooting, Checking the time servers, etc. One AD is 2008 R2 the other 2012 R2. I'm thinking something in the ReadyNAS firmware or Windows update broke this.   Alll my READYNAS devices are running the latest firmware and all my ADs are fully patched.  Please advise.

This is the error I'm receiving when I try and join it to the domain. First this: Unsuccessful joining domain ___.  Then this: Could not resolve domain controller for this domain

Model: ReadyNASRNDX400E|ReadyNAS NVX Pioneer Chassis only
Message 1 of 2
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: What broke AD integration on my ReadyNAS devices? #27433042

Hello eihelp,

What are the model numbers of the NAS units and their firmware version? Can you please describe the network setup? Can you send system logs, please?

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements