× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wordpress.....

michelefaccini
Aspirant

Wordpress.....

Hi, I finally manage to install Wordpress...In my index.html page I put at the end the following script : <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=wp-login.php">...which enable me to Login and access to Wordpress....till here no problem.
My sister who tried to connect to my site, accessed successfully to the index.html page (the page is correctly displayed), got the Login page (not correctly displayed => no style sheet on the page) and got a page not found (because her browser where looking at 192.168.0.2...which is my local network)....So she can access to my nas from outside...but the link I put is not correctly set for someone who comes from 'outside'.....How do I have to modify my script ?
Message 1 of 10
sphardy1
Apprentice

Re: Wordpress.....

Something in your setup is causing that, possibly the scripts you have created or the way you have Wordpress configured. I would remove the index.html file so that the wordpress CMS loads automatically when the site is accessed and retest the login process to determine which and proceed from there. Note this is very unlikely to be a NAS issue

You also need to think about why you are still creating a static site (index.html) when you have installed Wordpress - the purpose of a CMS is usually to *replace* a static site and you create and manage content from within the CMS, including any links to static pages
Message 2 of 10
michelefaccini
Aspirant

You're my salvation....I remove the index.html.....now I'm editing some pieces of pages which I don't like at all.....Thanks !!!!!
Message 3 of 10
michelefaccini
Aspirant

I have been too optimistic when I said Wordpress was running.....Users from outside access to the Login page (which is not displayed correcty) and when they try to register,they get an error because the link point to 192.168.0.2 which is my nas ip.Locally everything is running well....what did I set up wrongly...

When I installed Wordpress from the setup-config.php, I had no choice : with localhost as DB_Host the installation aborted,with 192.168.0.2 the installation succeded.....but now my users are redirected to 192.168.0.2 and obviously their browsers get an error....

// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
define('DB_NAME', 'wordpress');

/** MySQL database username */
define('DB_USER', 'wordpress');

/** MySQL database password */
define('DB_PASSWORD', 'mypassord');

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', '192.168.0.2');

/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */
define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

/** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */
define('DB_COLLATE', '');
Message 4 of 10
sphardy1
Apprentice

The IP reference in the config file is not the cause of your error - that is used internally by Wordpress to know which server hosts the MySQL database (ie DB_HOST = MySQL hostname, as documented).

Check your setup and that you have your site correctly referenced: http://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_General_Screen
Message 5 of 10
michelefaccini
Aspirant

Dear sphardy ,you are right as always...I corrected the link....I have just tried to register a new user with my secondary e-mail address (to do a test) and didn't receive a message...is this means I have something else to correct ?
Message 6 of 10
sphardy1
Apprentice

Hard to say - there are too many variables including how your ISP deals with such mails.

There is a plugin called wp-mail-smtp (http://www.callum-macdonald.com/code/wp-mail-smtp/) that allows you to send mails via an SMTP server instead of using the builtin wordpress mail function - usually a much safer bet
Message 7 of 10
michelefaccini
Aspirant

I didn't specify that I set only the E-mail address in the General Settings page and nothing else...if you say that this should be enough and if I register a new user and don't receive any message to the new user's mail that means I have to install the plug-in you suggested to me...is it correct ?
Message 8 of 10
sphardy1
Apprentice

That's what I would recommend.
Message 9 of 10
michelefaccini
Aspirant

Thanks a lot man......now everything is running...you're great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements