× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

X-Raid, 1 disk fails now I'm missing capacity

martinw11
Aspirant

X-Raid, 1 disk fails now I'm missing capacity

Hi,

I have a client that has a ReadyNAS 312.
They had 2 x 2TB drives and had X-RAID (RAID 1) (1.73GB capacity)
It looks like they created an 800Gb iSCSI LUN that they were using for backups (no longer used)
I assume that the rest was used up on an SMB share called "data"
There are no snapshots on either storage methods.
By connecting to the share I see that they have used 66Gb in archived data files

They had a disk fail, quite some time ago, and it has yet to be replaced. They will do it, but when is a mystery.
The question they are asking me is why there is no more capacity on the share????

I'm not sure when both disks were operational, what the capacity was as I didn't take the client on until after the drive failed. It's simple I know - replace the drive and move on.
However, I am also curious to know why there is a total of 80k free - it's full to max.
I'll do the sums quickly - 1.73Tb capacity, less 800Gb for the LUN, less 66Gb for the share data and that isn't adding up at all - I should have about 693Gb free - but I'm not seeing it.

I've done a scrub, defrag etc but I know that isn't going to make a difference.

If anyone has any ideas, other than holding the client down til they replace the drive, I'd appreciate it.
Regards, Martin
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: X-Raid, 1 disk fails now I'm missing capacity

Please send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)
Message 2 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: X-Raid, 1 disk fails now I'm missing capacity

I can see a few snapshots still of a share and a LUN and a share that was in the progress of being purged. The volume has filled up.

If there's not much data you need to keep on the NAS it may be simplest to backup your data, do a factory default (wipes all data, settings, everything) then restore the data from backup.

If you'd prefer I can take a look. See the PM I just sent you.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements