× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

can´t update to firmware 5.3.7

prefalch
Aspirant

can´t update to firmware 5.3.7

I just get an used redynas 2210 v2 with firmware 4.1.10. I have tried to update to 5.3.7 but it wil not update.
Is there an answer to this.
Message 1 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Re: can´t update to firmware 5.3.7

That is a Duo v1 (Sparc). RAIDiator 4.1.10 is the latest release, and with it being an EOL product, may not be more releases.

See this article: http://www.rnasguide.com/2012/01/09/how ... -or-nv-v2/
Message 2 of 8
prefalch
Aspirant

Thanks for a quick answer
Message 3 of 8
Yezok
Aspirant

I have the same Issue I have readynas Duo RND2210 v2 RND2210-100NAS current firmware is RAIDiator 4.1.12 [1.00a043] firmware 5.3.7 is not available through Front view
Message 4 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

You have a v1, not a v2. Ignore the sticker on it, its wrong. RAIDiator 4.1.x is all you will get on that model.

Marketing and Engineering couldn't agree. The v1 hardware wise had v1 and v2. The marketing v2 is really a v3 hardware wise. It should have been labelled v1h2 and v2h1, but thats not as pretty, though it works fine for the routers.
Message 5 of 8
Yezok
Aspirant

That sucks Kinda figured something was not right because the MAC address is in the serial number location and serial number is in the MAC location on the white sticker with the barcodes.
So I guess this thing does not support JBOD, Oh well it was a free gift
Message 6 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You can still more or less do what you want with the v1. Do a factory default, during the 10 minute countdown open RAIDar and choose Flex-RAID, then in Frontview delete the automatically created volume and create a separate RAID-0 volume for each disk.
Message 7 of 8
Yezok
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply's peoples, I have upgraded the 2x1tb drives to 2x2tb WD red drives (WD20EFRX) they are on the hardware compatibility list. I think I will leave it in x-raid for now and store my movies and mp3's on it, kinda nice to have a redundant copy of them. I'll get a cheap D-Link disk-less NAS and stuff the two 1tb Seagate into it
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements