× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

err No disks dectected Readynas Pro

kupermanp
Aspirant

err No disks dectected Readynas Pro

Hi,

I have a readynas pro pioneer which is still under warranty (just). I had 5 2tb drives for over two years working great. I added a sixth drive to expand the volume. The disk was detected and the readynas was restriping the volume when something happened that caused it to hang up at 55.3% for several hours with no access from other machines. I was able to hit the power button twice and it shut itself down (i.e I didn't have to hold the button down). Now however when I try to boot up instead of little numbers populating the screen representing the disks I get empty boxes and a

"err no disks detected"

I have taken out and reseated all the drives to no avail. any ideas? I was gong to try putting in a single spare drive and see what happens but at this point I'm looking for advice to avoid breaking things

Thanks
Paul
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: err No disks dectected Readynas Pro

Well, I'd open a support ticket to begin with (support.netgear.com).

Pulling the drives (with power off) and putting in a spare is a reasonable idea. Be sure to label the disks so you can return them to the same slots (and if you get an RMA unit make sure you insert them with the power off also).

You could also try leaving it unplugged for an hour or so, then try again.
Message 2 of 6
kupermanp
Aspirant

Thanks. I have opened a ticket. Right now I'm running diagnostics on the new drive to make sure it wasn't faulty. It passed the quick test and is 2/3 through the long test. Once I've done that I'll try putting everything back in or I may do the single drive.

I suspect my firmware is old would it hurt to update given I'm halfway through restriping the drive. I'd like to save the data if possible

Paul
Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I'd wait on updating the firmware until you hear from support.
Message 4 of 6
kupermanp
Aspirant

Sounds like a plan. Thanks
Message 5 of 6
kupermanp
Aspirant

What is the deal with support. I get a early reply to my case we do some basic troubleshooting. We get to the point where I can send them the log files. TWO days later I haven't heard anything. Considering this is supposed to be a business class device I'm less than impressed. I am going to need to have access to my data pretty soon. Hopefully someone here can get the ball rolling

My case number is 20633983

K
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements