× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iTunes 11 Artwork and Firefly v1.0.3

dr_crippen
Aspirant

iTunes 11 Artwork and Firefly v1.0.3

Has anyone else found that they have no album artwork visible using iTunes 11? Is this an iTunes problem or a Firefly problem? My 11,000 files all contain artwork, but in many cases the artwork tab in iTunes is greyed out.... No artwork at all is visible.
Message 1 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: iTunes 11 Artwork and Firefly v1.0.3

Do you see artwork if those files are in your local iTunes library?

What about if you copy those files with artwork from a local iTunes library to the NAS? Does the artwork then show up in iTunes 11 when you stream from the NAS?
Message 2 of 7
dr_crippen
Aspirant

If I copy an artist folder back to my computer and import into a local library then the original pictures are still there and reappear.....
Message 3 of 7
snarked
Aspirant

I have the same problem. I was able to see Artwork with iTunes 10.7.x. After upgrading to iTunes 11, the artwork no longer displays. I have a readynas NV+ running RAIDiator 4.1.10. Other computers that are still running iTunes 10.7.x still display album artwork from the Firefly service. This is true of OSX and Windows based machines I have on my network.
Message 4 of 7
brendenjacobson
Aspirant

Thanks to the many suggestions on this forum I have managed to activate Firefly. But how do I get iTunes 11 to read from the NAS? The shared file options seem to have gone from the latest iTunes?
Message 5 of 7
bweidenm
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem with iTunes 11.0.1.12 and firefly 1.0.3. No artwork shows up in iTunes anymore when accessing the library via firefly :cry:

Any clue what is causing this?
Message 6 of 7
doubleroll
Apprentice

Same here no artwork visible.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation