× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

management service to be offline

shivasharana
Aspirant

management service to be offline

My readynas 516 shows management system is offline i have lot of data unable to access i have tried all the things in forum could some one help me.

not able to download logs

not able to run diagnostics

only remote support work.

please help me guys.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: management service to be offline

@shivasharana wrote:

not able to download logs

not able to run diagnostics

only remote support work.

The first two have nothing directly to do with accessing your data, though they may be related.  I don't even know what you mean by the third.

What method do you normally use for accessing your data (SMB, AFP, NFS)?  And from what platform(s)?  In what specific way is it not working (error messages given, etc,)?

Message 2 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

@Sandshark With raidar application i could enable remorte support

we use to access share data with smb but now the folders are not opening i can only see folder names

Message 3 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

Enabling remote support is going to get you nowhere unless you get a support contract form Netgear.  I don't know why you'd even try it.

On what platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac) do you access the SMB shares?  What error messages are you getting?  Are the folders you refer to just mapped drives, or do you see actual folders within the shares?  What error message(s) (if any) do you get when you try to open the folders?  Do you get the same results with admin credentials?

There are many things that could be wrong, and the more detail you provide, the better we can help you.

Message 4 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

@Sandshark 

we access the folders on windows platform.

folder names are visible but unable to access.

ready nas is synced with active directory and all individual access their own folders on windows.

I have rebooted readynas516 it takes long time to boot and does not complete 100%. it will boot till 96% and show the same. to come to  96% this it takes long hours.

Message 5 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

Screenshot 2021-10-04 221917.pngScreenshot 2021-10-04 222046.png

@shivasharana wrote: @Sandshark  we are getting the same error for all the folders

@Sandshark 

we access the folders on windows platform.

folder names are visible but unable to access.

ready nas is synced with active directory and all individual access their own folders on windows.

I have rebooted readynas516 it takes long time to boot and does not complete 100%. it will boot till 96% and show the same. to come to  96% this it takes long hours.

Message 6 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

hi please help me getting the data

Message 7 of 14
Sandshark
Sensei

OK, so the problem is the unit is not fully booting, probbaly due to a corrupt data volume.  Nothing else matters at this point, as you cannot access the data via standard protocols until it boots.  It would have been most helpful if you'd simply started by saying that.  There are, unfortunately, a number of things that can cause that.  If working with the Linux command line is not something you've done before, it may be best for you to contact paid Netgear support.  A wrong move at the command line level can cause things to get worse, not better.

Unfortunately, I'm not the right guy to help you do it yourself.  Perhaps @StephenB or @mdgm can assist you if you want to give it a try.

Message 8 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

@StephenB@mdgm 

can any you people help me i have some important data

Message 9 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@shivasharana wrote:

@StephenB@mdgm 

can any you people help me i have some important data

It'd be better to use paid netgear support (especially if you have no experience with the linux command line).

Message 10 of 14
mdgm
Virtuoso

It's not necessarily a problem with the data volume.

The management service can go offline for a variety of reasons, but without looking at logs it's not possible to know.

Message 11 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

@mdgm 

unable to download log files

Message 12 of 14
mdgm
Virtuoso

Though the combination of that and SMB running and not being able to access the data does suggest a data volume problem is likely.

I would agree that contacting support would be the way to go with this.

Message 13 of 14
shivasharana
Aspirant

@StephenB @mdgm 

it is showing systemd-udev-set on the display screen

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation