× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

no network link, no lights etc.

hijacker80
Aspirant

no network link, no lights etc.

Hello,

My Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 2 (2,5 years old) have no network link since i shutdown the NAS (normal shutdown from the admin console). Network port broken ??
I tried new cable's, connect direct to my PC...
Have 2 2TB disk (RAID 1) with data that i don't want to lose. I can't connect now with the disks to backup the data.
Is this possible with a USB cable-eSata ?
Someone have a idea what to do ?

Can i put the disk in a other netgear NAS ?

Thank you.

Stefan (From the Netherlands)
Message 1 of 7
vandermerwe
Master

Re: no network link, no lights etc.

Have you tried connecting using the 2nd ethernet port.
If you have, are you saying that the unit boots up normally but there are no lights adjacent to either of the ethernet sockets at the back?
You can put he disks into another ultra 2, ultra 2 plus or pro2 which has the same firmware running as you had.
You can also access the data directly from one of the disks using Linux reader:

http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

You will not be able to read the data using esata or USB.
Message 2 of 7
hijacker80
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes i tried the 2nd etherport but also no lights.... The NAS boots normaly, the lights is green at the front. (when booting First green act.. then green under 1 2.. )
I've tried using linux reader (connect the disk into my pc) but this message shows up ? can't open the disk, check the disk and try again.

Don't have a other NAS and not sure what version the firmware i had. But good to know that it is possible.
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Linux reader requires the ext drive to be connected to the PC. There's no way it could help you access the share over the network, especially if the ethernet link is dead.

The ultra 2 warranty is 3 years, so if you are the original owner you should contact support right away.
Message 4 of 7
hijacker80
Aspirant

Yes i'm the orginal owner (I've checked the warranty and is till april 2014). I've filled in a support ticket. Thank you so far.

What is the ext drive ? external USB drive ?
Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

I meant the internal drive from the NAS that you were trying to read on the PC. The NAS uses the linux ext file system.
Message 6 of 7
hijacker80
Aspirant

OK, RMA process started so this topic can be closed. Readynas won't boot to bootmenu even with no disks (advise was doing an OS reinstall). Happy with the support, thanks so far.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements