× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

offline differnet IP

ramymounir12
Aspirant

offline differnet IP

I used to connect redaynas 516 to an apple Time machine, and i made the settings on the readynas to always pick the IP 192.168.1.100, i changed the router to netgear night hawk, and all of a sudden the readynas is offline. the readynas has on its screen "cannot connect network discovery" when i log into the router page i find that the router is giving the devices connected to it a different ip class 10.0.0.x and the readynas on the router page is 10.0.0.3 which makes it inaccessible on 10.0.0.3 nor 192.168.1.100.. what should i do?

note: sometimes not he readynas screen it says the ip address is 192.168.1.100 but it is instill offline and still 10.0.0.x on the router.
Message 1 of 3
vandermerwe
Master

Re: offline differnet IP

Just change the IP address, subnet mask and dhcp server IP range to the same as they were on your previous router.
It sounds like the Nas is trying to access a dhcp server and cannot, meaning you did not set a static IP address on it.
What is the IP address of your PC ( or mac)?
Message 2 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: offline differnet IP

Netgear routers generally default to 192.168.1.x addresses - unless they are behind another router using that address range.

How is your new router connected to the internet?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements