× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

pro6 - 6.6.1 - sometimes stuck booting %0

TeknoJnky
Hero

pro6 - 6.6.1 - sometimes stuck booting %0

Hi, sometimes recently I have to power off my pro 6 (moving/making network changes/etc), and when powering back up, seems to get stuck on 'booting 0%', but not always.

Rebooting seems to work fine.

It seems to happen only after a power off, power up.

But sometimes it will power up with no issues.

When it does get stuck on booting 0%, I can use 'skip volume check' from the boot menu, and it will then boot up with no other issues.

I am using 6x 8tb drives in raid 6/x-raid, so it is a large volume, and if there were some kind of volume scan I understand it could take some time, however there is no visual indication of any activity (no flashing disk access light), and no progress change from 0% (let sit for hour+).

There are no errors in the drive logs, nor smart info, and all 6 drive positions are lit up on the display panel.

When it gets stuck in this state, it does not show up on raidar either.

I've downloaded the logs but not being an expert on what exactly to look for, I don't see anything that shows an issue. Of course I am not sure there would be anything in the logs, if the boot is getting stuck before the system starts generating and saving them.

I have looked through other suggested/searched threads, but haven't see anything that looked relevant to this particular scenario.

Has anyone else experienced a similiar issue stuck booting at 0% and if so were you able to resolve it?

What if anything, and/or in which log files should I be focusing ?

Other than the occasional stuck boot, there doesn't seem to be any other particualr issue.

I do have backups, but obviously that is a lot of data and a lot of down time if I had to do any type of restore.

Model: ReadyNASRNDP6000v2|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: pro6 - 6.6.1 - sometimes stuck booting %0

Hi TeknoJnky,

Might be best if you could send you logs.

How do I send all logs to ReadyNAS Community moderators?

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: pro6 - 6.6.1 - sometimes stuck booting %0

Trouble booting can be a sign of a failing power supply.  I don't think you're at the point of needing to replace it yet, since it could be something else, but be on the lookout for that possibility.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements