× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"All Video" folder

Vtopian
Aspirant

"All Video" folder

Apologies for being a newbie!

I am seeing a folder called "All Video" which is full of items I do not recognise. There is no option to delete them.

Could someone point me in the direction of an explanation for this folder, and maybe some idea of how I grant myself permission to delete items in it?

Thanks very much,

Brian.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: "All Video" folder

What firmware are you running on the NAS?

I am thinking that you have ReadyDLNA enabled on the NAS, and that you are accessing the files via a DLNA client (for instance, a smart TV).  Is the case?

If so, the files do (or did) exist somewhere on your NAS, but they would not be all in the same folder.  ReadyDLNA is simply showing all the videos that it found in all the folders.  If you don't actually use DLNA, then you should turn ReadyDLNA off, and this folder will disappear entirely.  It is also possible to do a manual scan for media, and that would refresh the database that ReadyDLNA uses.

Message 2 of 3
Vtopian
Aspirant

Re: "All Video" folder

Dear Stephen B,

Firmware = RAIDiator 5.3.11

...and you are absolutely correct, I do use a couple of DLNA clients to play the media from my NAS - one a smart TV as you had suggested, and one set up on an Android tablet to play music.

Hence, the option to perform a manual scan for media sounds like what I need to do. You are also correct that the entries in the "All Videos" folder are just 1 second clips of things I must have watched online and completely forgotten about. I guess they are not taking up too much space, but they appear on my TV screen when I am choosing what to watch, so I'd prefer to get rid of them.

Thank you so much for your most helpful comments. I will look up how to do as you suggest. I'm so glad I came to the forum with this question, as it had been impossible to find an answer online.

Thanks again,

Brian

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements