× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Scan in progress" forever, no content served

rrg
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Scan in progress" forever, no content served

ReadyDLNA on my Pro Pioneer has become broken somehow. It no longer serves content to any client, and though I've tried to re-scan, the scan never completes ("scan in progress" is displayed for days on end). A client sees no content on the server except for some top-level folders.

The same content is visible via NFS and AFP without problems.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling DLNA via Frontview, and I've restarted the ReadyNAS more than once, but the problem remains.

Can anyone suggest some way of resolving this?
Message 1 of 3
TomR1
Aspirant

Re: "Scan in progress" forever, no content served

Yup, same happens for me. Seems to happen since the last update. Its always been a bit rubbish at recognising new files but now the rescan button rarely works.

I've managed to get it to work again by turning everything on and off a few times, including the DLNA services and removing and re adding the media shares.

ps. just signed up, arbitrary password restraints are stupid and make people use insecure passwords.............
Message 2 of 3
sdouek
Guide

Re: "Scan in progress" forever, no content served

So far the solution with the most success is downgrading you OS. Try looking at the below post in its entirety it has a couple of suggestions, just make sure you use the right OS for you NAS when you downgrade.

readydlna v4.2.22 & v1.0.25 scan in progress stuck

Update: There is a Pre-Release available in the above link. It worked for me and others it may work for you.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements