× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

readynas model rn10200 won't go on after connecting usb drive. no fan no nothing

bleone
Aspirant

readynas model rn10200 won't go on after connecting usb drive. no fan no nothing

nas was working great until I plugged in a self-powered external usb drive. Now won't go on. no fan no nothing

Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: readynas model rn10200 won't go on after connecting usb drive. no fan no nothing

Did you double-check the power brick connections?

Message 2 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: readynas model rn10200 won't go on after connecting usb drive. no fan no nothing

Hello bleone,

Is there another USB device plugged in to the NAS? When you unplug the USB device, are you not seeing any LED lit up?

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 3 of 8
bleone
Aspirant

yes power supply plugged in tight. no other external drives have ever been connected until recent attempt.

Message 4 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bleone,

That must be UPS. By the way, do you have the latest firmware version running on the NAS? The latest is 6.7.1.

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
bleone
Aspirant

I have been updating firmware regularly but i can't confirm version with the thing off. Where can I get a new power supply? and why would plugging in a usb drive damage it? thanks

Message 6 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bleone,

I honesty am not sure but you should still verify the firmware version.

When you said, "Where can I get a new power supply?", what did you mean about that? I was talking about UPS that connects to one of the USB ports of the NAS. If you are using a UPS, please try plugging the NAS straight to  a power outlet of a surge protector without the UPS and see if that will make any changes.

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello bleone,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements