× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

robocopy /copyall - ERROR

joe5_0
Aspirant

robocopy /copyall - ERROR

Hi, I recently purchased a ReadyNAS Duo V2 and am having issues getting the permissions set up in an 2008 AD environment. I have followed the instructions posted here http://www.readynas.com/?p=1987 and am able to map the device as a network drive (N:), but don't seem to have full admin access on the share I created.

I'm trying to run the robocopy command below to pre-stage some DFS data and am getting the following error from robocopy "ERROR - You do not have the Manage Auditing user right".

robocopy.exe “\\SourceServer\D$\folder” “n:\DestFolder\folder” /b /e /copyall /r:6 /log:robo.log /tee /mt

I've been beating my head on this for a couple days now and I'm getting ready to take it back and find another solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: robocopy /copyall - ERROR

Do you actually need the auditing information? If not, you can try /copy:DATSO instead of /copyall. If you only need the files and timestamps (and don't care about the file owner), just leave the /copyall out altogether.

Another option is to run CMD as administrator, and try your robocopy command line again.
Message 2 of 3
joe5_0
Aspirant

Re: robocopy /copyall - ERROR

Thanks for the response Stephen; unfortunately (I'm pretty sure) I do need the auditing information and the file permissions need to be exact. If DFS notices any differences in the permissions it will treat the data like it's pre-existing, will ignore it, and will copy the entire data set over the WAN (which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid).

Yep, I was running all commands from an elevated PowerShell window, didn't seem to help.

UPDATE: After taking ownership of the 'DATA' share, I was able to get the command to execute with the /copyall switch, but the NAS is changing the permissions on the files and when I compare the file hashes they don't match.

Its starting to look like I bought a ReadyNAS that won't support iSCSI or any sort of features that would be useful for creating backups with unmodified permissions... Unless I install the ssh and apt plugins, and start hacking away.

If anyone has has been able to successfully pre-stage DFS data on a ReadyNAS Duo V2 any advice/pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements