× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

volume is missing?

Grunbay
Follower

volume is missing?

I have a ReadyNAS Pro Business Edition. I recently upgraded my firmware to 4.2.26. I have been running four 1TB drives. I received an alert that one of my drives was dead. I had a spare drive, so I replaced the Dead Drive. with a new 1TB drive. The volume resynced, but then told me that another drive was dead and that the volume was "on life Support." Since I didn't have any more spares, I ordered up a pair of WD 2TB drives (a model shown on the compatibility listing). I kept the NAS powered down until I received the new drives a few days later. Rather than disconnect the failing drive I just put a new 2TB drive into an open slot. when I inserted the new drive, I expected it to resynch Volume C as it had in the past. The frontview health indicator shows that there are now 5 functional drives in the NAS. It is still reporting increasing ATA error counts on drive 2, but frontview reports that drive as "OK" when it was showing it as "dead" before.

However, when the NAS is rebooted, it tells me that the "Volume scan did not run properly." There are no volumes shown on the RAIDar frontview. I cannot access anything in my old volume. (Volume C).

I have my data backed up on a USB drive, but I am concerned that the NAS is loosing volumes, so i'm reluctant to just recreate a new volume (I would need to learn how to do that again after all these years) and simply copy from the back up.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements