× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS USB Disconnects when transferring files only

JohnnyR2D2
Guide

NAS USB Disconnects when transferring files only

ReadyNAS Ultra 4 (ReadyNASRNDU4000 ) with 4x 8 TB Seagate (IronWolf ) drives plus 2x 4 TB Seagate (Desktop HDD) USB drives attached.

Since I’ve upgraded my Firmware to the new OS 6.0 (running version 6.61 right now) I’ve been facing issues with USB disconnections attached to my NAS. Please note that this issue only happens when I’m copying several files at the same time regardless of the size. If I transfer one or a few files at a time the problem doesn’t happen or if I don’t copy anything at all the USB attached storage will remain connected for several days or months without any issue as well.

My primary use for those two USB Hard Drives attached to the NAS is for backup purposes only (Windows Backup) since I use the NAS internal Hard Drives as Media Server for movies, pictures, etc. By the way, never had any issue with the internal Hard drives and they are working flawlessly.

First I thought it was something to do with the NAS although yesterday, I used my wife’s notebook to back up her Windows (60 GB with several files) into one of the USB drives and the transfer was complete successfully without any disconnection.

That made me think that the issue isn’t with the NAS and it’s with my Windows. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro and the only difference between both is that mine is in the Ethernet and hers is on Wi-Fi.  Both have Kaspersky Internet Security with the exactly same settings. My power settings and Network settings have all the Power Management settings disabled.

Since the only difference between the computers is that, one is on Wi-Fi and the other in on Ethernet maybe it has something to do with the Network Advanced Settings?

Any help would be very appreciate 😊

Thanks in advance,

Johnny

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU4220|ReadyNAS Ultra 4
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements