× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN716X LED: "kthread_data+b" and journal.log:"kernel BUG at drivers/md/raid5.c:529!"

spdr2016
Aspirant

RN716X LED: "kthread_data+b" and journal.log:"kernel BUG at drivers/md/raid5.c:529!"

Hello,

RN716 became unresponsive after the displayed LED message (kthread_data+b). I had to power switch on and off the back of the device to reboot RN716X.

journal.log at the time of error shows:
Dec 21 06:29:08 rn716 kernel: kernel BUG at drivers/md/raid5.c:529!

Did anyone run into the same issue?  If yes, is there a solution?

Thank you!

Model: RN716X|ReadyNAS 716X Chassis
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
spdr2016
Aspirant

Re: RN716X LED: "kthread_data+b" and journal.log:"kernel BUG at drivers/md/raid5.c:52

Thanks mdgm -- I've just sent you the logs. An update: - The problem had occurred during backup from a server to a RN716X share. The backup file size is ~37.8GB. - Netgear support has reviewed the logs, and said, that the backup file had crossed some kind of a [page] boundary, and thus triggering a kernel error. Also, Netgear support had added "Defrag" and "Balance" to RN716X list of scheduled actions against my RN716X volume, via remote support session. Netgear believes that the problem is unlikely to reoccur.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN716X LED: "kthread_data+b" and journal.log:"kernel BUG at drivers/md/raid5.c:52

Can you send in your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig)?

Message 2 of 4
spdr2016
Aspirant

Thanks mdgm -- I've just sent you the logs. An update: - The problem had occurred during backup from a server to a RN716X share. The backup file size is ~37.8GB. - Netgear support has reviewed the logs, and said, that the backup file had crossed some kind of a [page] boundary, and thus triggering a kernel error. Also, Netgear support had added "Defrag" and "Balance" to RN716X list of scheduled actions against my RN716X volume, via remote support session. Netgear believes that the problem is unlikely to reoccur.

Message 3 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the update. In the unlikely event the problem reoccurs let us know.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements