× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 312 cannot be accessed with LAN1+LAN2 at the same time after upgrade to FW 6.9.1

landungsbruecke
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 312 cannot be accessed with LAN1+LAN2 at the same time after upgrade to FW 6.9.1

Dear community,

we are running a ReadyNAS 312 connected to two networks (one via LAN1 with a fixed IP, and another via LAN2 with another fixed IP), using SMB. Until we upgraded to the current firmware version 6.9.1, everything went very smoothly. Since then, LAN2 cannot access the NAS anymore - only if we disconnect LAN1.

As this is a very bad situation for us (only half of our people can work with the data on it), we really need to find a solution. Downgrading to 6.9.0 did not help. Downgrading to 6.7.1 (as before) is not recommended (maybe someone could give a hint if this is work a try anyway?).

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Model: RN31200|ReadyNAS 300 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 312 cannot be accessed with LAN1+LAN2 at the same time after upgrade to FW 6.9.1

Hi @landungsbruecke!

I have checked this with an RN314 but not getting the issue with 6.9.1 using two NICs. Each one is connecting to a different network; I can access data through SMB without any issues. Have you created VLAN ID? Have you tried rebooting the NAS or the workstations? Kindly post a screenshot of the Network settings if possible.

Downgrading is not recommended at all, if your NAS is still under 90 days or if you have a support contract you can log a case online with NETGEAR Support so they can check on this issue.

Welcome to the community!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 312 cannot be accessed with LAN1+LAN2 at the same time after upgrade to FW 6.9.1

Hi @landungsbruecke

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
landungsbruecke
Aspirant

I could fix the issue by indeed downgrading to my previous version 6.7.5 and the doing a OS reinstall. One thing to note might be that on eth0 we have a windows network, and on eth1 we have a OSX (Mac) network. We did a full backup before, though (but luckily did not need it).

So for me this points to some misconfiguration in the internal eth0/eth1 settings after the firmware upgrade from 6.7.5 to 6.9.1.

Message 4 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @landunsbruecke

Please note that downgrading is not recommended.

And I don't think that this is an issue with the current firmware though as we have tested it with Windows and Mac OS and we do not get the same concern, perhaps a little more information from the logs could have helped us determine the cause of the problem and resolve it.

Regards

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements