× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 Won't Free Up HDD Space

chad7900
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 Won't Free Up HDD Space

I have a ReadyNAS 314 with 4 2TB HDD in RAID 10. I had the Shared folders set to run snapshots. When it gets full the NAS would auto delete the snapshots to free up space. This was happening up until Aug. 12th. After that date it never stated in the log file that it deleted the snapshots automatically. The NAS says it is full. I’ve was able to move about 500GB off of the NAS but the NAS still reads that it is full. I’ve since updated the firmware to 6.2.4 and ran a defrag on the HDD, it still reads full. I wasn’t aware I could manually delete snapshots until recently. I've read other similar issues that suggest deleting snapshots.   I check the two shared folders and there are no snapshots to delete. I’ve rebooted several times.  I’m out of ideas, does anyone have a suggested solution?

Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 314 Won't Free Up HDD Space

Please send me your logs (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

Message 2 of 4
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello chad7900,

Send the logs to mgdm first as he may find what could have caused this by reading the logs. It is possible that is trying to free up space in the background, NAS becomes very unstable when full.

ReadyNAS OS 6.1 and later use Smart Snapshot Management to reduce the number of automatic (continuous) snapshots per shared folder or LUN. Every hour, this feature automatically prunes older hourly, daily, and weekly snapshots, according to the following rules:

• Hourly snapshots are kept for 48 hours.
  • Daily snapshots are kept for four weeks.
  • Weekly snapshots are kept for eight weeks.

Please check what Snapshot schedule you have on each share that has Snapshot enabled you might want to adjust them.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
chad7900
Aspirant

mdgm, I just sent you my log file.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation