× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 314 stuck on 'Booting...'

tranqme
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 314 stuck on 'Booting...'

Hello,

After powering on my device, it will go past the welcome screen then freeze on the 'Booting...', fans are working and device otherwise seems to be working.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? I've tried accessing the boot menu but have only got as far as the boot menu screen and haven't been able to access individual menus.

Message 1 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 314 stuck on 'Booting...'

Can you access the boot menu if you boot it without disks installed?

Message 2 of 6
tranqme
Aspirant

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try? I've been speaking with mdgm who has been helpful although has directed me to buy a new NAS which isn't an option for my unfortunately as I've already dropped $350 on this device plus an extra $70 on a replacement power adapter.

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I'm guessing that you aren't the original purchaser, otherwise the NAS would be covered by warranty?

I think if mdgm can't resolve it, likely no one here can.  Is he giving you any indication of what he thinks is wrong?

Message 4 of 6
tranqme
Aspirant

No I'm not, it was purchased second hand.

Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

It appears to be quite clear there is a hardware issue. As the unit is not covered by warranty there's nothing more I can do. We don't recommend purchasing NAS units second hand.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements