× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS 6.4.2 => Admin page dropout

Lennardo
Tutor

ReadyNAS 6.4.2 => Admin page dropout

Hallo,

as advised here i want go back to an older OS-version. But before i go back to OS6.4.0 i want to make a full backup from my ReadyNAS 314 for easier restore in case of a problem. Now i got a new problem: The admin page is not reachable. All i got i 'Connectiong to ReadyNAS Admin Page' and endless waiting (some hours) to get the admin page. But i have no luck, never seen this page.

I can still access to the NAS in my network from other computer via SMB (AFP not tested). But its a slow rate at 10 to 28MByte/sec. As far as i read in this forum this problem sometimes occurs with a apple time machine in same network. I disconnected the time machine, but the error is still there. With this data rate the backup needs days (i have no external HDs here to attach direct to NAS, even there i need the web interface to start the backup.).

Any other suggestions what i can do?

Tschüß

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
Lennardo
Tutor

Admin page is short availeble after a reboot (shutdown dont works properly, i need to power off). I can access admin page for 2 or 3 minutes, but cant see installed HDs. System tells me all is fine and okay. But HD-LED 1 to 3 dont lighten on front of NAS for 15min (but i hear they are running and get a lot of access, sound like resync), then they lighten. In this 15min NAS is accessible from Win7, all volumes there and i can copy data.

But then the admin-page disappears and i cant do anything.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Tschüß

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you download the logs and send them in (see the Sending Logs link in my sig).

You could try the volume read-only boot menu option.

Message 3 of 4
Lennardo
Tutor

I will send the logs if i get access to my NAS, at the moment backup is running and i have no access to the Admin page. Transfer speed is at the moment between 9MB/sec and 28 MB/sec. Next few days im not at home, so the ReadyNAS 314 has enough time.

Tschüß

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements