× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS OS Hotfixes

OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

ReadyNAS OS Hotfixes

ReadyNAS OS hotfixes are used for issues that are critical in nature and we provide these fixes for all devices connected to the internet. Over the past year we have provided hotfixes for issues that were reported shortly after a release that can be resolved without service interruption.

Some examples of hot fixes that we have provided in the pasted were helping cases like the following:

• Critical security fixes
  • Not able to use ReadyCLOUD services
  • App developer utility fixes

Today we provide these hot fixes for all ReadyNAS connected to the internet. We have provided these hot fixes from the beginning of 2017. If you are an advanced user, you might have noticed the debian package "readynasos" with an appended "+#". This was showing that a hotfix was applied to your unit.
Example: Hotfix 2 would display version 6.9.3+2 on the backend.

We have received some feedback regarding to when hotfixes are available and applied to your ReadyNAS. We are bringing some of this information to the surface to the admin interface. We will show you what firmware version (including the hot fix number) and will provide an alert to inform you that the hotfix has been applied.

Example reference to one of the hotfixes that we have applied in the past:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/SOLVED-Having-strange-issues-using-your-device-...

Message 1 of 2
lordahr
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS OS Hotfixes

I got the following issue. i cant use the full potential of my readynas at the moment due to the version of TSL.

It took a frend of mine half a day to find out.

The TSL version needs to be updated to its current version

THX

Model: ReadyNAS RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements