× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Time Machine doesn't show ReadyNAS as backup disk option

sjdigital
Aspirant

Time Machine doesn't show ReadyNAS as backup disk option

I'm trying to use my Duo as a Time Machine destination and have enabled TM support via Frontview and have also enabled CIFS and AFP. The Duo is accessible via Finder but doesn't show up as a destination when I try to configure Time Machine. I tried connecting directly to the Duo and 'ReadyNAS' showed up as a drive option, but not when normally connected via the network.

Any suggestions, guys?
Message 1 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Time Machine doesn't show ReadyNAS as backup disk option

Since you can connect when connected directly it would seem your router is possibly the problem. What router are you using?

What version of Mac OS X?

What version of RAIDiator?
Message 2 of 5
sjdigital
Aspirant

It's a MacBook running Snow Leopard and the Duo has Raidiator 4.1.7. The router is a BT Home Hub 3 which comes with their Infinity fibre to the cabinet package.
Message 3 of 5
sphardy1
Apprentice

Connected wirelessly to the HomeHub? Try a wired connection - previous versions of the HomeHub have had issues with Bonjour, the broadcast technology used by Macs for advertising services. Some have even reported issues when connected with a fixed connection and only resolved it by adding an ethernet switch to the network.

Search the forum for "homehub" for more info
Message 4 of 5
sjdigital
Aspirant

I did try using a wired connection but without success but I'll check out references in the forum to homehub and see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestion.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements