× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgraded both of my 516's to 6.8.0 this morning, both stuck on reboot

jpass022
Luminary

Upgraded both of my 516's to 6.8.0 this morning, both stuck on reboot

Upgraded both of my ReadyNAS 516's this morning to 6.8.0 and they are stuck on reboot on front panel screen. I've already tried cycling power once. Also updated a ReadyNAS Pro to 6.8.0 and it updated without any issues...

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP6000|ReadyNAS Pro 6 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jpass022
Luminary

Re: Upgraded both of my 516's to 6.8.0 this morning, both stuck on reboot

UPDATE:

Fixed my problem by powering down the 516's, removed the hard drives from each 516 paying attention to the order the hard drives were installed. Restarted the 516's without the hard drives installed. I waited until the screen on the 516s said they couldn't find any hard drives. Then I powered off the 516s, reinstalled the hard drives in the 516s in the same order as they were removed. Restarted the 516's and they installed the updated and continued to start to normal operating condition...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
jpass022
Luminary

UPDATE:

Fixed my problem by powering down the 516's, removed the hard drives from each 516 paying attention to the order the hard drives were installed. Restarted the 516's without the hard drives installed. I waited until the screen on the 516s said they couldn't find any hard drives. Then I powered off the 516s, reinstalled the hard drives in the 516s in the same order as they were removed. Restarted the 516's and they installed the updated and continued to start to normal operating condition...

Message 2 of 3
Marty_M
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jpass022,

Thanks for sharing the work around that has helped resolve your issue. If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,
Marty_M
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements