× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC600 not working, no detection in setup.

TechKitten
Aspirant

Netgear AC600 not working, no detection in setup.

1. So, I went to format my Dell Latitude D800, back to XPSP3 from Vista SP2, and the WiFi card (AC600) was picked up previously during setup (and no, the USB port is not faulty) and it is not picked up now. I need help to get it working, I've used the included CD from when I bought it from OfficeMax on April 10, 2016.
  2. So, now it won't pick up during setup, I've tried the driver from the site (netgear.com) and there is NO light on it, there is no, the installers don't pick it up. AND THIS IS JUST A SPARE PC, I USE A MACBOOK PRO LATE-2011, IT DOES NOT WORK EVEN WHEN I PLUG IT INTO THAT MACHINE WITH VMWARE FUSION RUNNING.
  3. And I need help, ASAP, this machine goes around with me, and it is good minus this WiFi card not working.
Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
TechKitten
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC600 not working, no detection in setup.

UPDATE: I have gotten it working, I just needed to reformat the PC. Man Tongue TIP: Just UNPLUG the adapter during Windows setup.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
TechKitten
Aspirant

UPDATE: I have gotten it working, I just needed to reformat the PC. Man Tongue TIP: Just UNPLUG the adapter during Windows setup.

Message 2 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

I think you meant Windows installation or upgrade from XP to Vista. I never heard formatting OS I think the driver for that USB was the problem. General rule, you always check driver compatibility when moving OS from one version to another one like you just did.

Message 3 of 7
TechKitten
Aspirant

The driver wasn't at fault, it was the USB thingy.

Message 4 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

How do you format the PC? It is always known when you change OS, you have let the new OS discover and learn the device. Nothing new.

I guess you don't live in North America.

Message 5 of 7
TechKitten
Aspirant

Q: How do you format the PC?

A: Reinstall the OS

It is always known when you change OS, you have let the new OS discover and learn the device. Nothing new.- I knew that.

I guess you don't live in North America.- Yes, I do, I live in the USA

Message 6 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

Then what seems to be the problem? By unplug/plug the USB adapter, you made the new OS learn that thingy.  What's new about this?

Going from XP to Vista what do you gain?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7