× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDA3100v3 Orange/amber Light most of the time with blue light sometimes

Ocade
Aspirant

WNDA3100v3 Orange/amber Light most of the time with blue light sometimes

Hello,

I bought a WNDA3100v3 N600 not long ago and I'm having problems. More often that not the light indicator is orange and I have a low ping of sub 10 ms with spikes at 800 ms or small disconnections as seen here when pinging google http://imgur.com/a/DCsza

The weird thing is that sometimes that light is blue indicating (or so I've read) it's connected to a 5 GHz WiFi. The rare times it's blue the connection is perfect.

I have the latest driver for my adapter downloaded from your website, my Netgear Genie doesn't seem to have any options what so ever where I could set the network choice to 5ghz.

My box (not sure on the english word but the thing that keeps me connected to the internet which sits in my living room lol) shows I can have access to both 2,4 and 5 ghz.

I've tried to :

- get a static IP and it somehow worked a for a while and now eventhough I still have it static it doesn't work anymore.

- re-install the driver and netgear genie

- install an older driver 

Other computers on the same network don't seem to have any issue being connected to the network.

Thank you for your time.

Model: WNDA3100v3|N600 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNDA3100v3 Orange/amber Light most of the time with blue light sometimes

Hi Ocade,

Do you have a NETGEAR Genie installed on your computer? If yes, you can use it to check the networks. Orange means it is connected to 2.4Ghz. 

Message 2 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Ocade,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 9
Ocade
Aspirant

Hello, sorry for the late answer.

Yes I have NETGEAR Genie, what do you mean by checking the networks? If by that you mean accessing the right network, I did I chose the only network corresponding.

Here is what I can get when clicking on it.

http://imgur.com/a/wyMLd

I blurred the mac adress because while I don't know much about this stuff I don't think you'd need it.

Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Ocade,

Check if you are connected to 2.4Ghz network or 5Ghz network.

Message 5 of 9
Ocade
Aspirant

How ?

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Ocade,

Do you know the names of your wireless network? 

Message 7 of 9
Ocade
Aspirant

Isn't it Livebox 2B9E like shown here? http://imgur.com/a/wyMLd

Message 8 of 9
Ocade
Aspirant

Hello again, would like to add that during those few months it worked perfectly somehow. I had a bright blue light permanently but today without anything changing the light is back to amber and I get high ping spikes.

Any idea?

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7