× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC1200 WiFi

JUSTWONDERINGWH
Aspirant

AC1200 WiFi

AC1200. It is all set up with all green lights displaying. I can't see it displayed on the list of network connections. Any thoughts? Thanks

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What do you actually have? AC1200 is a speed and not a model. 

Some extenders are mesh. Meaning they use the same ssid as the router so devices can roam between router---extender based off their own roaming protocol. 

Message 2 of 7
JUSTWONDERINGWH
Aspirant

The Box displays AC1200 WiFi mesh extender
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What's on the label for the device?
Regardless. It is a mesh device. So it's default will have the same SSID as the router.
You can disable that function if you'd like
Message 4 of 7
JUSTWONDERINGWH
Aspirant

How do I determine if this is functioning correctly. If I only show my home WiFi and not the extender. I’m not sure if the “mesh” does this? Thanks
Message 5 of 7
JUSTWONDERINGWH
Aspirant

Sorry, I just found it on the bottom of the box. EX6150-100NAS.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@JUSTWONDERINGWH wrote:
How do I determine if this is functioning correctly. If I only show my home WiFi and not the extender. I’m not sure if the “mesh” does this? Thanks

This is exactly what "mesh" does. 

It uses the exact same ssid as your router and lets devices roam between the 2 networks as well as their 2.4ghz/5ghz band as needed. 

You can log into the extender and check to see if devices are connected to it. Log into your router and look at its attached devices page (or equivelent) and it should have the IP address for your extender. That shows that its connected but you can use that ip address to log into the extender and check its status and attached devices. Or you can use the app. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7