× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Appalling Netgear Technical Support

Fallowdeer
Follower

Appalling Netgear Technical Support

Are other people experieince the car crash of customer service which I experienced today with Netgear phone technical support?

In four calls:

- I was repeatedly lied to, and told Netgear has "hundreds and hundreds" of Wifi Extenders which look like the EX3920 and there was no way Netgear Technical Support could know which of these "hundreds and hundreds" the EX3920 was.  She then hung up on me.

- Second agent took details, and repeatedly didn't listen to anything I asked him and asked me again and again to repeat everything.  He then hung up on me.

- Third agent said I could speak to a manager after I answered a load of questions, I answered them all, then he spoke to a manager who deflected the escalation and refused to speak to me. On the phone for over half an hour, during which time he repeatedly side stepped or said he forgot what I had asked, and called me "Your Highness" (?!?!?!!!) I eventually spoke to a supervisor Chandni who lied to me about what had happened, claimed her subordinate had both lied to me and told me the truth when he told me he had passed on the issue to the other supervisor but didn't, didn't listen or have any idea about what I had just said, and spoke over me.  At one point when discussing customers being lied to, she tried to deflect and said "it doesn't matter anyway". 

These four conversations were so bad, in the end I just gave up. All this was done against the loudest background noise of any call centre I've experienced in recent years.

Do other Netgear customers go through such hell as this? Having four car crash conversations in a row suggests there is something fundamentally wrong in Netgear.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7