× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Auto roaming - devices wont automatically connect to the extender

Cujoma
Guide

Auto roaming - devices wont automatically connect to the extender

hey everyone,

i am having trouble getting my devices (cell phones and laptop) to automatically connect to my extender EX7700. I have set everything up properly through the xr500. I have my router in my living room on the main level of my home, and my extender is about 35 feet away upstairs. as i travel upstairs with my devices, they wont automatically connect to the stronger signal of my extender. They stay connected to my router on the main level, even though the signal goes to 1 or 2 bars. If i disconnect the wifi on my phones or laptop and reconnect, they connect to the extender properly and get blazing fast speeds.

If i go back to the main level, they will not auto connect to the router. They will stay connected to the extender upstairs.

I have one SSID for all networks, all the same password. i believe everything is set up correctly. Ive updated the firmware to the latest and reset the extender 3 or 4 times and set it up again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Are they too close together? i cant really separate them any further....

Im starting to lose patience. Is my extender faulty? Someone please help....

Thanks in advance

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
Saltrock2k
Aspirant

Re: Auto roaming - devices wont automatically connect to the extender

I have the R7800 router and the EX7700 and the EX6250. However my phone does not auto connect either. I will be doing something and move upstairs, then the connection icon comes up and I lose connectivity. I then tur off Wi-Fi and on again and it connects to the extender. This is also happening the other way.

Would be nice if the one Wi-Fi worked as it should.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7