× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access Extender via www.mywifiext.net

Robjuls
Initiate

Can't access Extender via www.mywifiext.net

My netgear WiFi range extender will not work
Message 26 of 39
Macca21
Aspirant

I had the same issue with not being able to access the web link mywifiext.net after I had completed the installation. I read all of the responses to this same issue but without the technical knowledge I was lost. Plus I'm running Windows 8 and therefore a lot of the examples weren't applicable to me. My simple solution was;
Control Panel | Devices and Printers | right click on WN3500RP | choose 'Properties' | Click on UPnP tab | IP address is listed at the bottom of the page.

Simply use this IP address in your web browser to then access the Extender settings page. It even took me to the last section of the installation automatically.

Hope this helps someone else because I spent hours trying to work it out!!
Message 27 of 39
bjm9491
Aspirant

@pawnslinger wrote:
It sounds like the subnet mask in the extender is different from that in your computer. That is a classic problem with this class of device. If you think this might be the case, you can establish communications with the device by connecting it by wire to your computer and making sure your computer has no other lan/internet path (connect while both are powered down). Power up the device first, let it settle a couple of minutes, then power on your computer. With no access to your main router, it will use the DHCP in the device to set the subnet mask and get an ip address. You can now use the browser to access the device.

Message 28 of 39
gioman
Aspirant

I can access mywifiext.net with no problem but what email address and passwword is this asking for?  My internet account (ATT) or the account that I use everyday? or?  I have tried everything i can think of.

Thanks

Message 29 of 39
Vilmagonzalez41
Aspirant

Hello
Message 30 of 39
Emo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try it on another  device - it didn't run on chrome or explorer on my windows pc but worked on my ipad using safari.... hours wasted... simple fix if only netgear told you things like this....

Message 31 of 39
senayit
Aspirant

This working for me
Message 32 of 39
NaomiJones
Aspirant

I just  installed my extender, but cannot access www.mywifiext.net

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 33 of 39
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Naomijones

have you tried to connect to the extender via Ethernet? also make sure you are connected to the extenders SSID and not your routers if you are trying to connect over wifi.

DarrenM

Message 34 of 39
CH1NNV
Aspirant

Hi all

So I've been having this problem since I got my WiFi extender (EX7000) last year.  I've only revisited this issue again in the last couple of days as I've been setting up a NAS as well as a drive connected directly to the Nighthawk.  

Was using a custom SSID and fast lane which seemed to be when all the problems started, I'd identified the NNEX7k IP from the main router admin and tried connecting this way - still no luck.  I've been connected by ethernet and WiFi, via a switch and directly, nothing.

I was going to reset the extender today and try using the defined extender name without fast lane as opposed to setting up my own, so pushed the reset button on the extender (didn't hold it in - just one quick click with a SIM removal tool) but I think you have to hold it in to factory reset, all it did was reboot the router but not in a traditional off/on sense (as I've tried this and then navigated to mywifiext.net and it's still failed), but upon reboot I noticed the mywifiext page load almost instantaneously on Chrome!

Netgear really need to put some more effort into assisting their users on here - this is NOT cheap kit - and the lack of responses from support are frankly embarassing for Netgear.  If I gave as little attention to the users in my job...well I wouldn't have one.

Netgear, think yourselves lucky there's others out there willing to help YOUR customers FOR YOU.  But it's not really the way of retaining customers, I think you need to take a long hard look at your support model.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 35 of 39
cjdavia
Aspirant

I had the same issue on the mac.  Here's what I learned:

When connected wirelessly, the www.mywifiext.net site works fine on windows machines.  Not on a mac.

If you go into your router's admin page to find the ip address that your router assigned to the netgear device, you can type that address into the browser and it works on both a mac and pc.

Chris

Message 36 of 39
hltk
Aspirant

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 37 of 39
GretchenEure
Aspirant

blu-ray confirms internet connections correct, but error message on RA server not accessed.

Have new Sony blu-ray disk player and attempted installation with error message states connection with "RA" (remote access ?) router made though ethernet wired to blu-ray and extended router not established. 

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 38 of 39
spn0923
Aspirant

Just a thought.  I had been tearing my hair out worrying about subnets etc (extender defaults to 192.168.0.250 but for safety I had reconfigured the default (192.168.0.1) of my router to something private) and spent hours trying to reset the extender accordingly.  I finally resolved it leaving extender on default since it turned out to be clever enough to handle that typrical scenario out of the box.  My problem was...drum role... I forgot about my laptop firewall.  After configuring inital settings over physical cable  and before clicking 'continue after connecting your device' I thought maybe physical and wireless networks were conflicting so I pulled out the physical ethernet cable and heh presto my firewall chipped in saying ''wifiextender is a new network, do you trust this network' and hey presto, everything syarted working.  

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7