× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect wirelessly two routers

PW4000
Aspirant

Connect wirelessly two routers

Hi everybody,
I want to connect two routers (a DGND3700v2 and a WNR2000v3) wirelessly.
The first router has direct access to the internet and to it I connect with two pcs via ethernet.
The second router, the WNR2000, is far from the first and to it I would like to connect with some printers.
Looking around the internet I found that a solution would be to use the Wireless repeating function, but I discarded it because it can work only with WEP keys, which, well you know, aren't enough safe.

The second solution is to connect them as a "waterfall", but I don't know how to set up the two devices. I read that is required a sort of "bridge function", I read that I should set the AP mode, but I couldn't solve. At the moment the two routers are connected with a wire, I can access internet also from the WNR2000, but once I remove the ethernet wire internet stops working.

Can you help me?
thanks a lot!
Message 1 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Setup like this is already posted dozen times .. search thread
Message 2 of 9
PW4000
Aspirant

Yes, I tried to look around, but, well I'm not very familiar with some settings in the routers so I can't understand what changes must be made to make the things work.

I can't understand if I have to set the second router as an access point, or if I have to make some changes in the settings regarding the WAN connection.
I read that the second router has to be in "client mode" or something like that, but I really don't know how to go on.

If you could help me I would really appreciate it!
Message 3 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Search repeating

Post more than few dozen
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Message 5 of 9
msnancy
Aspirant

Message 6 of 9
PW4000
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
http://vpncasestudy.com/download/WDS/WDS_Concept.pdf

As I wrote on my first post, the wireless repeating function is a way that I already know and I already discarded because of the low security used by that method. So as you see I already searched in the forum.

msnancy wrote:

Set up the router as an access point. Here is a good set guide:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/de...n-access-point

Yes I have already read that link but it doesn't explain how to connect the two router wirelessly, it requires an ethernet cable between the two. I have to place the second router very far from the first, How can I do that?
Message 7 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you don't likely then solution is to BUY EXTENDER
NOTHING. Will change on WDS setup
WN2500RP
Message 8 of 9
PW4000
Aspirant

well that was the solution I did not want to follow, I bought this router (I made a mistake) thinking that would have been the same as the range extender, well it is not like I thought.
I will bring it back...
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7