× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3110

steffer
Tutor

EX3110

My firmware version is 1.0.0.44. If I connect to my device and select firmware update and select search online it says I have the latest version. If I go online and look myself the version I have is old. There have been 5 updated versions of the firmware since then. The latest version is 1.0.1.62. If I select download, it downloads as a zip file. When I try to unzip it and then click on it it brings me to a webpage that asks me to download the file again. The file won't unzip and I'm unable to do anything with it. The file that I download is EX6110 _EX3110_V1.0.1.62.zip

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: EX3110

You are clicking on the release notes html file.

Instead drag the .img file out of the zip file, and put it on your desktop.  Then upload that img to the extender (via http://www.mywifiext.net )

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

You might already be doing this correctly, but just in case ... After you unzip it, you select the unzipped firmware from the web ui for the extender - you can't just click on the unzipped firmware in Windows.

Message 2 of 6
steffer
Tutor

I'm not sure what you're saying. What is Web UI. When I unzip the file it is on my PC. What is the web UI?

Message 3 of 6
steffer
Tutor

I have attached pictures to show the steps I'm taking 

This is step one I click on the latest version

1.png

This is step 2

I click on the second file

2.png

Then it gives me this

3.png

Message 4 of 6
steffer
Tutor

Sorry I meant to include this in the last post. If you look at the last 2 pictures all that happens is it just sends me in circles between the last 2 pictures. I'm unable to do anything. 

Also what I noticed is that it showing the released notes. I want the firmware to update to me device.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

You are clicking on the release notes html file.

Instead drag the .img file out of the zip file, and put it on your desktop.  Then upload that img to the extender (via http://www.mywifiext.net )

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7