× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6200 - cannot get internet connection via wifi

Kat123
Follower

EX6200 - cannot get internet connection via wifi

Hi - we upgraded to the BTHub6, and now our EX6200 wont allow us to connect to it via wifi

We can see the extender in the BT home hub admin console, but cannot change any details (e.g. static IP is used rather than DHCP)

We can see the 2.4 and 5 GHz networks in the wifi list from a laptop, tablet or phone

BUT when trying to connect (password is accepted) - but says 'no internet connection'

I cannot connect via mywifiext.net .... or the IP address 198.168.1.250

I have tried ethernet from the BThub to the router. It says found, but no congifg page available so I can see any settings.

Any help appreciated - thank you

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Kat123

You will need to factory reset the extender by holding the reset button for 10 seconds on the device you then can setup the extender for the new modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
MarkNYC
Initiate

Hi - I have the same problem and have reset the extender as well as the extender setup multiple times. When I turn the extender on, the interenet works for awhile then goes dead. Laptop can still see the extender network (very strong) but internet access is not possible. So, I can keep turning the extender off then on, but this doesn't seem to be optimal. Are there certain settings on the model/router combo that might help here?

Please advise.

Model: EX6200|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7