× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6200 need to reboot every 5 days!!

noboundaries
Guide

EX6200 need to reboot every 5 days!!

Latest firmware sees the EX6200 needing a reboot every five days, why?? I have been waiting for netgear to send a returns advice but nothing received, this is month three.
Also with the new firmware (latest) the 2.4 Ghz light is orange then it just doesn't connect other than doing a reboot. Then it fails all over again.

If its not fixed I am going to Lynksys, this is nothing more than rubbish.

Fix it!!

Message 1 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Have you reset the extender after the firmware update?
Message 2 of 6
noboundaries
Guide

Yes, I have even loaded two previous firmware. I previously spoke to Netgear Support and they said will do a return of hardware, nothing, I am moving to Lynksys if not resolved.
Message 3 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

How far by the way is the extender from the router? Do you still get good signal strength from the main network on the location of the extender?
Message 4 of 6
noboundaries
Guide

Good signal, just got back on the air / network, gone again. Back to factory settings and original firm ware. Now cant log in to the extender GUI, this just keeps on getting better.. Connected direct to ac netgear modem /router
Message 5 of 6
Metzger
Guide

Every 5 days - you are pretty lucky! It's every day for me.  See this thread: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Repeaters/EX6200-drops-2-4GHZ-connection-every...

Have you found a solution?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7