× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX8000 Serious ethernet firmware bug in V1.0.0.126

EX8000 Serious ethernet firmware bug in V1.0.0.126

In the latest firmware (V1.0.0.126) if you connect a computer to the ethernet interface on the EX8000 and then put the computer to sleep (in this case an iMac), the 5 GHz wifi signal on the EX8000 drops.

The .126 firmware also has other dropping issues mentioned in this thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Range-Extenders-Nighthawk/Firmware-updated-EX8000-keeps-droppi...

This is obviously a signifcant bug which needs to be resolved. I wish Netgear had an easier way to report bugs like this rather than a community forum being our only option.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @malandraeliott,

Welcome to the community!

1. Please make sure that a factory reset is done after the firmware update.

2. When it drops, does the signal completely disappear or does it disconnect devices connected to the 5GHz band?

3. Does the issue persist on all Ethernet ports of the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 5

Thanks for picking up this thread.

1. Yes, I've tried two factory resets and no luck

2. I'm looking via a wifi analysis tool (Wifi Explorer) and I see the signal completely drop (and obviously any connected devices lose their connections)

3. Yes

I've also tried different ethernet cables, physically moving the EX8000 in case of any situational interference and altering the channels in case of any other interference. No luck. 

Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @malandraeliott,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Tezz001
Aspirant

I’m also having this issue with the ex8000 dropping all my connections except it happens when I switch my PS4 on or off, I assume it’s the same process as putting a pc to sleep or waking it.

Can Netgear please provide us with a fix, and not just a “have you tried switching it on and off again?” Type response

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7